- Job Number 21008317
- Job Category :Food and Beverage & Culinary
- Location: Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino, 16 Saray El Gezira Street, Cairo, Egypt, Egypt VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels, Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International’s luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you’re happy, our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you’ll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
Supervise and coordinate operations are in compliance with hygiene and food safety standards. Advises on proper food handling practices and provides food hygiene training for all new hires and trainees. Identifies key areas of risk in various food operations and takes preemptive remedial action. Provides technical advice on product labeling issues for fulfilling government requirements. Assist management in hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating, counseling, disciplining, and motivating and coaching employees.
Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report maintenance needs, accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications. Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets. Address guests’ service needs. Speak with others using clear and professional language. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees. Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards. Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time. Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- Managing Hygiene and Food Safety Operations
- Verify compliance with Brand Standard Audit (BSA) requirements of Marriott International throughout the operations.
- Advise and monitor food handlers on the proper good handling practices and verify their observance.
- Follow and ensure compliance with sanitation and cleaning procedures and pest control guidelines, reporting pest control issues to appropriate personnel.
- Identify key areas of risk in various food operations and take preemptive remedial action.
- Verify compliance with food and hygiene regulations, licensing conditions and codes of practice relating to food operations.
- Provide technical advice on product labeling issues for fulfilling government requirements.
- Provide in-house food hygiene training for all good handlers, (e.g. new hires and trainees).
- Handle complaints or enquiries from customers and local food stagey and health departments on food hygiene matters.
- Conduct and record daily kitchen inspections on the personal, environmental and food hygiene conditions and provide corrective action plans as necessary.
- Conduct regular vendor inspections in partnership with purchasing and culinary leadership.
- Conduct regular internal BSA inspections with culinary leadership and kitchen cleaning staff.
- Conduct regular inspections on the kitchen of kitchen equipment and verify defects and non-conformities are remedied by the appropriate parties.
- Coordinate cleaning program in all F&B areas (e.g., General clean), identify trends and make recommendation for improvements.
- Establish and maintain open, collaborative relationships with employees.
- Liaise with pest Control Company for any pest issues and monitor pest control performance.
- Maintain and make improvements to hygiene standards.
- Regularly review and refresh the food safety standards of all food handlers within the property.
- Maintain documentation on all hygiene and food safety standards throughout the operation.
Sanitation and Maintenance
Wash and disinfect kitchen area including tables, tools, knives, and equipment to ensure sanitary conditions and meet the departmental standards, including using sanitizers required by health department.
Set-up and break down work station with required mise en place, tools, equipment and supplies, ensuring items are to established specs, ensuring adequate fill of containers, storing items appropriately, and cleaning station as appropriate.
Safety and Security
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management and security/safety personnel.
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Follow policies and procedures for the safe operation and storage of tools, equipment, and machines.
- Use proper equipment, wear appropriate personal protective clothing (PPE), and employ correct lifting procedures, as necessary, to avoid injury.
- Complete appropriate safety training and certifications to perform work tasks.
- Follow property specific procedures for handling emergency situations (e.g., evacuations, medical emergencies, natural disasters).
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture or Veterinary Doctor
- Related Work Experience: Not less than 3 years of related work experience