Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 alumni — and counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
General Assembly is partnering with Tamkeen to train the next generation of tech leaders in Bahrain. Together, GA and Tamkeen are launching data, software engineering, and other tech courses in Manama.
General Assembly is looking for an Admissions Coordinator to support this partnership in Manama. You should be an outgoing, driven person who is keen to join one of the most exciting digital education companies in the world.
You’ll be responsible for ensuring each potential student understands what it takes to be successful in a General Assembly course. Your main goal is to screen and select the best candidates to help our Mamana campus grow, scale, and change lives. You may be happy to hear this role does not involve prospecting or cold calling, only inbound interest. We’re a mission-driven company, looking for people who are hungry to work hard, make a difference, and grow within our organisation.
- Responsibilities include (but of course are not limited to) the following:
- Managing a robust pipeline of prospective students.
- Screening and selecting candidates based on their background, motivations and goals.
- Interviewing prospective students to ensure their qualifications and interest are a match for our programs
- Proactively managing and responding to a high volume of prospective students and businesses efficiently
- Leading information sessions about our courses.
We’re looking for someone who has….
- Experience in sales, admissions, retail, or recruiting
- Outstanding communication skills and the ability to influence others
- Exceptional closing skills while still remaining welcoming, understanding, and empathetic
- The ability to think on your feet, try new approaches and bounce back when things don’t go your way
- The ability to tie an individual’s wants and needs into a logical solution
- Confidence pitching in both 1:1 and many situations
- a desire to pitch in and help create something special
- Bonus: Arabic-Speaking