We are seeking a Branch Manager (f/m/d) for the railway sector, who will lead and represent DB E&C in Egypt and ensure the project delivery for engineering and consulting projects, and secure new projects by performing robust business development activities.
You will be providing high-level Business Development in Rail & Transport industry, interfacing with Government ministries/authorities and expected to market all of DBEC International Services to potential and existing clients. Office (Germany) IT Team Support and IT team in the region.
The job opening is located in Cairo, Egypt, and offers exciting challenges and potential for career growth.
Deutsche Bahn’s expertise is in high demand all around the world. As a leading engineering and consulting company in the rail sector, DB Engineering & Consulting offers that knowledge – starting with an idea and continuing all the way to operations. We advise our customers in Germany and around the globe, develop technically sophisticated and customized infrastructure, mobility and transport solutions. With sustainable concepts, we ensure the future success of economic regions, make important contributions to the protection of the environment and help shape the world of the future.
Since 1966, DB Engineering & Consulting has implemented thousands of projects of any size and complexity in over 100 countries. About 5,000 employees from 84 nations are currently realizing the projects of our customers with professional knowledge and intercultural experience.
managing the branch:
- Position DB E&C as the engineering & consulting company of choice to customers and rail experts in the local market
- Assess the local business environment and provide strategies to ensure further growth and support the overall Egypt strategy as well as in the region related to Rail, Logistics and Transportation
- Leverage market development and competitive bids in line with engineering requirements in terms of time, quality and budget, while respecting the remits of other organizational units
- Negotiate, contracts and addenda with clients, partners, subcontractors, and business units of DB AG while ensuring compliance with the signatory policy
- Ensure project delivery (project management, – coordination & – controlling) and secure new projects based on the established sales strategies to meet order-intake, revenue and EBIT targets
- Ensure stakeholder management for private and public contractors and, for governmental organizations, including embassies and consulates
- Assume responsibility for staffing for bids and projects
- Provide leadership and guidance to the local team and leverage development of staff
- Establish a prospecting plan; identify potential clients using knowledge of the market electronic database, industry trade associations, trade shows, networking event, and consults other sources of information
- Identify decision makers at target clients and maintains regular contact with existing clients
- Maintain a good understanding of client business segment and of solutions proposed by the competition
- Identifiy and analyze customer needs and develop solutions adapted to client expectations
- Negotiate prices and conditions based on the type of service offering; proposes complementary services
- Obtain a service agreement/contract
- Anticipate evolution of customer demands and translate those into service offerings
- Collaborate with DBEC Business Development and Product Management Team in developing innovative value propositions and customer solutions
- Prepare conferences and participating in international conference
- MBA or comparable university degree with emphasis on Business Development, Marketing or Management from a recognized university
- Min. 15 years’ of professional experience in rail and transport Business Development and Operations experience.
- Preferably experience in Business Development, Sales and Marketing ideally gained in Middle East, Asia, Europe and North America
- Strong background and a winner attitude in Business proposal presentation and meetings to the clients
- Excellent Arabic & English language skills in writing, reading and speaking
- Relevant knowledge and experience in interfacing/dealing/interaction with Egyptian Government ministries/authorities specifically Egypt National Railways (ENR) and National Authority of Tunnels (NAT).
- Experience in local market and negotiation with local suppliers.
- Experience in MS Office Applications (MS Office), Outlook, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Share Point Online.
- Driving license required in order to perform assigned duties.
International career opportunities
As a global company, we offer attractive career opportunities – worldwide. We provide a work environment that encourages growth and creativity. You will work on complex and innovative projects with international teams across all continents. Your impact brings markets and people together – around the world.
With more than 5,000 employees from over 80 countries across all technical and engineering disciplines worldwide, we are shaping railways for the world of tomorrow. We offer an inspiring environment for personalities who are open-minded, curious, and committed. A strong team spirit, an intercultural mindset and engagement at work are essential parts of our success.
Professional onboarding and development
We invest in the development of our employees. To ensure the best start for you, we provide a global onboarding program and intercultural training and support you in preparing for the next career step.
Attractive employment conditions
We offer you attractive working conditions and a competitive compensation package based on country conditions.
Mobilization & relocation support
To ensure a smooth and successful start for your international employment, we assist you with relocation and immigration.
Our international security support ensures safe working conditions worldwide and provides you with relevant information for a safe living around the globe