At Amazon, we’re working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you’d like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history.
We are seeking a highly effective category buyer with Capex and Construction Procurement experience to lead multi-country Procurement strategies and projects. The person in this role will coordinate with several teams across Amazon and will interact with our key vendors to satisfy organizational requirements. This role will partner with internal business owners and key stakeholders to manage Capex and Construction spend, including: material handling and conveyance, racking/storage, IT, facility construction and fit-out upgrades, compliance and other capex equipment. The position will work and partner with multiple teams to develop and execute category sourcing strategies, deliver savings, improve productivity, processes and scalability.
Earn the trust of key stakeholders to drive alignment and improvements with the business
Create a category strategy in conjunction with internal customers to ensure there is a comprehensive, unified approach for the category.
Achieve yearly cost saving or value targets appropriate to the category aligned with annual budget processes. Define and report on key metrics that measure effectiveness of projects, initiatives and cost savings
Champion standards and process improvements
Build category strategies which are scalable and reflective of the Amazon growth plans
Key job responsibilities
- Work closely with leadership to support long-term strategic plans to maximize value for Amazon
- Standardize procurement processes, operational tools, operating standards, and supplier management activities.
- Create, manage and communicate RFX documents for key Capex requirements, leading the tender process through to techno-commercial evaluation, post tender negotiation, contracting, purchase order and delivery.
- Support and drive category strategies for the spend under management while strengthening strategic relationships with preferred vendors delivering scalable and sustainable results against business goals supported by a culture of continuous improvement and performance benchmarks
- Act as a spend category market intelligence provider to anticipate strategic opportunities and keep key stakeholders informed
- Drive the performance of category suppliers in Supplier Relationship Management activities to mitigate risk, improve performance and add value to Amazon Analyze historic spend data to support budget pricing calculations, rate cards and catalogue adoption and spend/sourcing strategies.
- Strong negotiation skills and a track record of earning stakeholder trust, taking ownership and delivering results
- Manage a number of projects simultaneously, across various stakeholders and spend categories while being able to manage priorities effectively to support and achieve on time delivery of requirements and site launch dates.
- Completed Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Finance, Engineering, Business or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of domestic/international procurement, consulting or operations experience including supporting large complex projects across multiple sites and geographies
- 3+ years of supplier management experience
- 3+ years of experience in data analysis and analytical decision-making skills
- Excellent verbal communication, written communication, and presentation skills
- Experience developing and implementing ideas independently
- Experience in Capex and Construction procurement
- Fluency in Arabic language
- Highly self-motivated and customer-centric
- Ability to demonstrate proactive problem-solving skills, work with technical and non-technical business owners and ability to work independently and with ambiguity
- Able to have a difficult conversations and be comfortable debating with peers across teams to drive change
- Key traits to be successful in this role are Ownership, Deliver Results, Earn Trust and Dive Deep