This role will be responsible for executing the technical on-site work related to the SCADA/EMS and DMS services for the Bahrain EWA SCC control centres, this is related to preventive and corrective maintenance activities such as software activities, executing periodical audits, solving SW issues and producing technical reports as well as distribution model maintenance.
- Roles and Responsibilities
- This role is related to a SCADA/EMS and DMS site support engineer in charge to maintain into an operational condition the SCC control systems, it include also technical assessment, investigation, troubleshooting, correction with support from the regional team.
- Perform the required activities assigned by the project technical lead for the activities at site in Bahrain (SCADA/EMS/DMS and preventive or corrective maintenance) with support from local and regional team, ensure that work is completed in-line with the procedures in place and meeting GE contractual obligations.
- This role will also have a high degree of ‘hands-on’ activity.
- Contribute in project execution through continuous improvement via the adoption of global tools and processes and cost competitiveness actions such as Jira
- Works directly with the customer or his representative to resolve any technical issues that may develop. Anticipate and keeps customers abreast of technical developments.
- Contribute in SWS project execution related to maintenance under the scope of EMS /DMS/SCADA software and hardware, and Third party to meet the contractual obligation in terms of response time and resolution time.
- Prepare project documentation, method statements, technical procedures, test and quality procedures relating to the work in the control centre(s).
- Generate weekly/monthly reports of main actions performed and main problems identified (with different solutions possible) for the weekly meeting with the customer or his representative.
- Perform ETDM database and schematics work related to distribution network modelling updates
- Support ADMS functionalities and application running and troubleshoot in case of failure
- Coordinate the defects resolution and witnessing / inspection of work by the customer or his representative.
- This role also includes coordination with the regional team and directly with customer to report on activities progress and follow-up.
- Drive excellence in execution through continuous improvement via the adoption of global tools and processes and cost competitiveness actions.
- Must have excellent knowledge and experiences in implementation, deployment, administration, troubleshooting of real time system SCADA/EMS and DMS
- Understands highly complex hardware and software configurations in a real-time environment.
- Knowledgeable about EMS/SCADA specific applications
- Knowledgeable about electrical network management
- Capable of conveying very technical information, in written and oral form, to both technical and non-technical recipients.
- Must be knowledgeable on e-terra products suite: SCADA, EMS, DMS
- Must be knowledgeable on ETDM network distribution modelling tool
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and be self-directed in workload prioritization.
- Strong interpersonal skills required for team and customer interaction.
- Must be dependable and self-motivated in work habits.
- Must be able to attend work on a daily basis in a regular and timely manner.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be comfortable presenting technical design, technical solutions and architecture solutions to clients/customers (English is must).
- The job is based in Bahrain / Manama
To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years’ experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.