The Officer – QSM assists and coordinates all the components related to Quality Systems Management program for the Hospital. Identifies training needs, plans and delivers sessions according to the learning needs of individuals as well as the departments.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participates in the development of multi-disciplinary collaborative teams, driving them to plan, formulate and agree comprehensive quality procedures.
- Identifies training needs for Hospital staff (non-clinical), plans and delivers training according to the need and requirements.
- Educates and conducts process trainings for Hospital staff in performance improvement concepts, principles, methodologies and audits.
- Participates in clinical services and Hospital-wide performance improvement activities (e.g., performance improvement projects, clinical pathways, benchmarking).
- Supports clinical services and Hospital accreditation activities by conducting audits, maintaining appropriate data, monitoring standards & regulations to identify deficiency and recommends activities to meet standards.
- Coordinates Internal (non-clinical/support function) Audit process, prepares schedules, reports and helps in setting corrective action plans.
- Reviews and monitors Adverse Occurrence Reporting for identification of actual and potential risk. Recommends corrective and proactive methods for improvement.
- Tracks and monitors organizational Quality indicators.
- Networks with clinical areas to identify opportunities to improve joint issues and supports team activities.
- Participates on committees, task forces and teams related to the Hospital’s performance improvement plan, as directed.
- Participates in educational programs, in-service meetings and other meetings as required.
- Performs all other additional assignments as requested by the Manager-QSM
Education : Bachelor’s Degree in related healthcare discipline.
Experience : 2 years’ experience in a related field, preferably in healthcare
Technical Skills: Knowledge of quality improvement, statistical analysis, and accreditations/standards (JCI and/or ISO)
Administrative Skills:Process Improvement and Analyzing skills; Attention to Detail, ability to Multi-task and a Team player
Soft Skills :
- Excellent Communication and Inter-Personal skills
Computer Skills :
- MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and Internet
- Excellent in written and spoken English
- Normally works in an air conditioned office in clean, well light and pleasant surroundingswhile also exposed to the Hospital environment.
- Involves meticulous and accurate input of data and efficient filing system.
- May involve long periods of sitting; telephone and in front of a computer screen. Occasionally stands and walks short distances; bends, stoops and reaches to perform routine job tasks.
- May be subjected to work related pressure to meet deadlines.