The Service fulfillment lead is part of the Service fulfillment team in the Maersk West Central Asia Ocean Customer Logistics and is responsible for enabling Customer centric as well as cost efficient and smooth cargo operations for our customers cargo and vessel operations to run efficiently with any incidents or exceptions being handled timeously. Responsible for cargo and vessel incident management
WCAOCL is responsible for vessel schedules, allocation management, VSA coordination, port productivity, procuring and controlling Container Yard, Port Expenses and Foreign Feeder costs, load and discharge processes, Equipment Maintenance and Repair, Intermodal transport, equipment positioning and evacuation. WCAOCL is a highly international environment and consists of approximately 100 driven colleagues and is based in various locations in the West Central Asia with the head office in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
A complex, interesting and challenging role involving different elements of Cargo and Vessel Operations, customer service and administration.
It is a highly multicultural, open and international work environment where teamwork plays a vital role.
You will actively participate in improvement projects to build the future way of working for Service Fulfillment team within the company.
At Maersk we value the diversity of our talent and will always strive to recruit the best person for the job – we value diversity in all its forms, including but not limited to: gender, age, nationality, race, sexual orientation, disability or religious beliefs.
We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high performing teams.
- Responsible for handling all Load and Discharge (including transshipment) activities, including
- sending of load and discharge lists including coordinating with terminals, vessel
- command and GSP
- The position demand work in 24/7 shifts (3 shift structure i.e., Morning/Afternoon/Night), during Weekends and Public holidays in rotation shift basis for which we offer compensation.
- Execute plans to benefit of customer experience
- Executes all ITT and ETT’s.
- Drives cost efficiencies
- Pro-actively reduce waste
- Responsibility for special cargo operation
- Manage gang allocation and monitor performance
- Manage all husbanding activities (repairing, bunkering etc ) including coordination with 3rd parties
- Execute contingencies post planning
- Manage cargo and vessel incidents
- Monitor all vessel operations
- Emergency handling and contingency
- Improve customer’s satisfaction by ensuring cargo is delivered as per our promise
- Builds strong working relationships with key internal-, external stakeholders, like container terminals and authorities, to, improve the product delivered to our customers, continuously drive down cost and optimize processes.
- Closely works together with the country Areas on meeting and exceeding customers’ expectations
We are looking for
- A driven fast learner, with a positive attitude who shows initiative and take ownership over client cases.
- You are a professional communicator, able to keep a cool head and a customer centric approach while getting things done.
- As a person you are comfortable with working in 24/7 shift structure (Morning/Afternoon/Night), multi-tasking whilst keeping focus on delivering quality.
- Critical competencies
- An understanding of terminal operations
- Vessel experience advantageous
- Able to work autonomously and take calculated and independent decisions under high-pressure scenarios
- Resilience and maturity in dealing with change/uncertainty and delivering results in challenging environments.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Are someone with an open mindset who can give constructive feedback, and in turn welcomes feedback as well
- Are an excellent team player
- Are fluent in English verbal and written
- Have a pro-active, customer-oriented mindset
- Are a creative problem solver with continuous improvement mindset
- Adaptable and open to change based on business requirements’