Are you passionate about helping Public Sector organisations in Bahrain innovate and using technology? Do you have both broad and deep knowledge of networking, virtualization, operating systems, application architectures, web applications, Line-of-Business systems, databases, and applications designed for the ? Do you have a knack for helping customers to build a deep understanding of new infrastructure and application architectures, and the consultative and leadership skills to launch computing projects on trajectories to success? Are you knowledgeable about security and compliance best practices for applications and their supporting servers, networks and storage?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for highly skilled and motivated Solution Architects to help accelerate our growing Public Sector business in the region. Organisations in this sector face huge challenges to accomplish citizen engagement and smart city missions with limited resources. You would be part of a dynamic team bringing the latest in disruptive, cutting-edge computing technologies to public sector leaders who want to serve citizens more effectively and focus more of their time and resources on their core organisational purpose.
As a Public Sector Solution Architect within the broader Amazon Web Services Public Sector team, you will have the opportunity to shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind-share and broad usage of ‘ utility computing services (such as Amazon Elastic Compute (EC2), IoT, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon Lex, Amazon CloudFront, Lambda, etc.) within Public Sector organisations and the larger ecosystem that supports them. Your broad responsibilities will include: owning the technical engagement with those customers, removing technical account management hurdles, defining implementation and transition architectures, helping to respond to RFIs and RFPs, and achieving ultimate success around specific technical projects. To achieve those goals — and building on your broad background and technical breadth and depth in security, networking, operating systems, storage, and application architecture — you will develop expertise in all technologies, and deep understanding of how customer applications and services are best built and operated on the computing platform.
The ideal candidate will:
Enjoy working with public sector customers and partners. You will have a passion for designing and building computing systems for some of the region’s most important Public Sector organisations to accelerate and scale innovation, reduce costs and drive efficiency, and for educating and training the people who work in and with them to do the same.
Have a strong understanding of public sector mandates, security, standards, and compliance for designing large-scale computing solutions.You will have a broad base of experience working as an architect and systems / software / network engineer. You will enjoy building and expanding your technical skills, to the point that you can not only contribute to, but lead deep architecture discussions around systems and applications in the . You will regularly draw on these skills to take part in and lead deep-dive education and technology design exercises to create world-class systems for Public Sector organizations and the partners who work with them, including systems integrators and ISVs. You will be happy to roll up your sleeves, get stuck into the detail of systems, possibly write demo / proof of concept code, and generally do what it takes to achieve technical success for customers on the platform.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a key member of the account management and business development team in helping to ensure customer success in building and migrating applications, software and services on the platform.
- Engage systems integrators and support their technical implementation efforts in .
- Closely collaborate with broader account management teams, and support and promote Consulting and Technology Partners in order to deliver maximum value to customers.
- Assist solution providers working with Public Sector organisations to define and implement technical and business strategies that will enable them to sell more of their offerings on the platform.
- Develop and deliver compelling presentations, product demos, sample solutions, and discussions to drive awareness and adoption of Amazon Web Services in Bahrain Public Sector organisations.
- Gain industry recognition and credibility as a regular attendee, panelist and keynote speaker at and third-party technology conferences, trade shows and press events.
- Capture and share best practice knowledge with the worldwide solution architect community, as well as your public sector SA team.
- Understand the market segments, customer base, and industry verticals in MENA, especially Public Sector.
About the team
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
The candidate will possess both technical and customer-facing skills that will allow them to be the technical “face” of Amazon within a solution provider’s ecosystem/environment as well as directly to end customers. He or she will be able to drive discussions with senior stakeholders within an organisation, as well as the technical background that enables him or her to easily interact and give guidance to software developers, IT professionals, and architects in public sector markets. The ideal candidate will also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
The right person will:
- Be highly technical and analytical, possess significant experience of software development and/or IT and networking implementation/consulting experience, including some experience with public sector customers.
- Have advisory/consulting experience (including some with public sector customers).
- Have strong verbal and written communications skills, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organisations and virtual teams.
- Have business-fluent English language skills.
- Have executive speaking and presentation skills – including experience delivering formal presentations (to both large and small groups) and white-boarding sessions.
The right person will:
- Have experience working within the software development or Internet industries (highly desired).
- Understand application, server, and network security and government certifications (highly desirable).
- Have a technical degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Mathematics (highly desirable).
- Have a working knowledge of modern software development practices and technologies such as agile methodologies and (highly desirable).
- Be AWS-certified (e.g. Solutions Architect Associate)